Sunday, October 9, 2011

Can you see me?

So yes I wrote the poem on a spur. But the idea of invisbility in a crowd started when a girl in my World History says, and I quote "It's like I'm invisible! They don't even know I'm there."
Invisibility is kinda cool. But to not be seen when you're right there, to not be heard when you're calling for help, or crying for comfort or even shouting for someone to share your joy with, that's just sad.
And even if they see you, do they really see you? When you see me, do you know that I hate Sunday nights? Or that giant lizards creep me out? Do you see deeper? Do you know that I'm scared of living in darkness like Helen Keller, or that when the sun shines I feel like I'm a brand new person?
No.
It's sad isn't it?
So if your reading this and you know me, this is for you.
Can you see me?

No comments:

Post a Comment