Saturday, December 3, 2011

Love who you are

So there's a girl who sits behind me in two of my classes named Marcia. And while I'm not exactly jealous of her, I've always felt that she has the perfect life. Marcia is beautiful, has a 4.0 GPA, tons and tons and tons and TONS of friends, the kind of boyfriend who texts her goodnight, lives in a house with a picket fence with her pet dog, her mom bakes cookies for school benifits, her sister is just a year younger than she is, and she's also the football manager which is like a given for college admissions. She's the kind fo girl who when I'm talking to my friends I gaze at and sometimes wonder what it would be like to be her.
But then a few days ago, these rumours started spreading that she slept with her boyfriend, and she started losing some of her friends, and it got so bad that she didnt come to school the next day.
And I learnt something from that. Nobody's lfe is so perfect that we should want to be them. Everybody has problems. Everybody needs love. If you look closely, even the smartest or most popular or most talented kid in school could have cuts in their arm. Even the most perfect person could cry into their pillow at night.
If you don't exhibit your probelms, then why would they?
So lesson learnt- to enevr want to be anybody else. Ever.
Because God gave you who you are for a reason and that reason will one day show.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully put. You need to remind me about this once in a while too. So easy to loose perspective and not thank God for what we have rather than whine about what we dont have.

    ReplyDelete