Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ambitions

Ambitions..............
What you want to be when you grow up.......
How many times do people ask you the same question???? And how many times do you answer the same thing? A doctor. A teacher. A pilot?
I don't think it's about what you actually become when you grow up. I think what grown ups really want to know is how you're going to achieve it. How will you become a doctor? How will you get a job as a teacher? So how do you answer? Do yuo go through the tecnicalities? Sometimes that's best with a very serious person. Tell them something like- "Oh, I want to be a doctor. I think they make a big difference to this world. Without doctors where will we be? I'm going to achieve it by concentrating on science until I get to college. I'll work really hard to get good grades and understand things about science. I'll try out for olympiads and maybe I can get into a good college." If it's somebody who's not that serious about it you can go "Im only 12"
Ambitions..........how to handle them?

9 comments:

  1. I want to be a dentist but I understand that its gonna take alot of hard work to get there. If you work hard at school you can achieve your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put Nini Kay. I believe that kids of this generation are fortuante enough as they have access to lots of information and options via internet. But they need to remember, any career you choose - to excel in it takes plenty of hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Some people actually say 'I want to live in Hollywood when I'm older' 12-year-olds!!!!!!!! I get so angry when they say that, I don't know why! I'm working to be a dentist at school ( I'm only 11) while they are working to live in Hollywood and do nothing. I guess everyone has 'AMBITIONS' Though living in Hollywood isn't a very good ambition. Is it??? I need adult advice on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If they really want to live in hollywood and have a comfortable luxury dwelling there, they better work their head off and make enough money to be able to do so. Alternatively they may mean that they want to work on their acting/singing talent and become an actress in hollywood. Either way they cannot escape hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I agree. You can never escape hard work, can you??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you wanted to be a writer...
    good blog. keep it up. (check your spelling though)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you wanted to be A great writer as I know for sure that you love to write great stories and i have read it! What do you think you want to be!!
    No matter what you want to be in your life, it does require whole lot of hard work. Great that you maintain blog!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nini what's wrong with being in Hollywood?????
    Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing. But you just aren't going to get there without hard work. You can go to Hollywood if you want to, I have nothing against it!

    ReplyDelete