Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chopped

This is a joke I read somewhere and it still makes me laugh.
Once upon a time, the Christians wanted to get the Jews out of Rome.
But the Jews didn't want to leave their home.(who would?)
So the Pope decided that if any Jew could beat him in a debate, the Jews could stay in Rome. Most Jews were scared to participate. Who could win when the participant and the judge were both the Pope? Finally a janitor decided to give it a try. The big authority Jews were worried about sending a janitor for such a big task but they decided...it was the janitor or nobody.
The big day arrived. The Pope opened the debate with a gesture that looked like as if he was indicating something around the room. The janitor replied by pointing his finger straight to the ground. The Pope then pointed one finger at the janitor. The janitor replied by pointing three fingers at the Pope. The Pope then reached into his bag and pulled out a piece of flat bread. After which, the janitor pulled out an apple from his pocket.
The Pope then announced that the Janitor had won the debate.
Later, the Pope's friends asked him to explain how the debate had worked. The Pope said" First, I made an indicating gesture as if to say the whole world belongs to God. He pointed down to show that the Devil ruled over Hell. Then, I pointed one finger at him to show God is one. He pointed three fingers at me to show God is displayed by the Holy Trinity. Then I removed a piece of flat bread from my bag to show that according to the bible, the world was flat. He took out an apple to show that according to new fangled ideas, the world was round. The janitor had great skill which is why he won."
The janitor's friends asked him how the debate had gone. He said" It was all rubbish. First he made this gesture to show that the jews had to leave. So I pointed downwards to show we're not going anywhere. Then he pointed one finger at me like to say don't be fresh with me. So I pointed three fingers at him to show he was being thrice as fresh making us leave. Then I see him taking out his lunch. So I take out mine."
He just got chopped.

2 comments:

  1. Monica can you please follow me on my blog plz? Like become a follower on my page like I did on your blog?

    ReplyDelete