Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bright Basketball Game

Me love basketball. But in the evening they have these classes, and after that its too dark. And getting up to play in the morning requires getting up early which me does NOT like. So I play in the Ariaona blistering heat, noontime. But recently, my space got invaded by some baseball playing dudes. And me was absolutely not gonna take that lying down. Yeah, I was all set to fight this major battle with them but NO! As soon as they saw me, the boys did something amazing. Seems they only needed the padding on the foot of the hoop for their batting. And instead of making me move, they moved the whole padding themselves! Me was amazed. How often do you find people who have a problem, and instead of occupying the whole solution, they took parts of the solution along with them?
So me was playing, and shooting. If you play basketball, you know it's thirsty work. And the only solution to thirst is water. So I was walking to the gym to find myself some and I found the gym locked. Nothing like a locked door to spoil your bball game. Walking out of the clubhouse, I saw this glass of water beside a tank on the sushi stall.(sushi at noontime???) I asked this security guard if I could take water from the tank and then I went to get some. And....the tank was empty. The guard, seeing my dismay actually got up, actually unlocked the gym for me, and actually let me get water.(and it was cold!!) Again, me felt like crying.
It's people like this that take a country form undevoloped to devoped, take a world form falling apart to glory. Normal people doing normally jobs. Kids who think totally out of the box. Guards who help a thirsty girl. They don't get publicity, no press reports, no photographs on the front page. They're just people who do things that make the world a better place.
People like that+Trees and Grass and all the other Nature+A couple of buildings= A happy world

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't have put it better.
    Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written. Some times people do little things that totally makes you feel so good.

    ReplyDelete