Saturday, April 21, 2012

Split personality

So the other day my friend(let's call him A, cuz of internet security and his name starts with that)and I were talking and he told me that he feels like a banana. Yellow on the outside(cuz he's asian) and white on the inside(he's lived in seattle all his life). And then he asked me if I'm a cocunut(like brown on the outside and white on the outside) or jsut brown on both ends. Yeah, the whole fruit analogy is kinda strange, A is just weird that way. Anyway what A told me kinda got me thinking. The only thing I ever wanted to be an average Indian girl. Unlike most of my friends back home, I was never obsessed with American music and American brand names and living in America. I knew I was where I was meant to be. And even though alot of my friends here think that my parent's values are kinda traditional, the thing is they're not just my parents values, they are also mine. So unlike A, I'm pretty much brown on the inside and brown on the outside. However, living in Seattle, going to a regular(all white basically) high school, it doesnt really work that way. Despite the fact that all I still want to be is an average Indian girl, it's not really gonna happen in average America. I guess life doesn't really work that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment